This activity is a planned medical education/clinical audit activity that systematically reviews aspects of a GP's clinical performance against defined best-practice guidelines.
By the end of this clinical audit, learners will be able to:
- Diagnose and manage patients with T2DM in a timely manner to minimise complications
- Use validated screening tools and diagnostic criteria to screen patients with T2DM to identify those at risk or with complications
- Set individualised HbA1c targets for patients with T2DM
- Explain the rationale for the antidiabetic medication/s chosen for patients with comorbidities and/or complications
- Assess and review patients with T2DM in line with the RACGP Annual Cycle of Care Checklist for Patients with Diabetes
This education is a CPD Accredited Activity under the RACGP CPD Program for the 2020-22 triennium. It will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
This education is a CPD Activity under the ACRRM PDP for the 2020-22 triennium. It will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
Other healthcare professionals can still enrol and complete this course. You will receive a certificate upon completion.